The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring process stability through problem solving and continuous improvement. Using TPS principles, the Manufacturing Engineer will ensure the successful introduction of new manufacturing processes as well as the continued success and improvement of existing manufacturing processes. This position will be an integral part of the New Product Launch Process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Production Support/Continuous Improvement
• Provide on-the-floor problem solving support. Troubleshoot, recommend and implement permanent solutions to production issues using proper root cause analysis.
• Complete Preventive or Corrective action requests.
• Projects relating to process improvements, safety improvements, quality improvements, or other engineering related activities (may include facilities engineering, press controls, etc).
• Research and recommend process improvements as potential opportunities as are identified by Production Associates/Team Members.
• Support the standardization of engineering practices as developed by the Manufacturing Engineering team.
New Project Launch
• Support the new process quotation and new product launch processes.
• Create the necessary process control documents in the AS400 system.
• Develop special packaging methods to meet customer requirements.
• Serve as a Manufacturing Engineering representative on feasibility reviews.
• Research new manufacturing methods/processes.
• Become Subject Matter Expert for new processes and equipment and develop the needed process documentation and production training.
• Work with equipment manufacturers through all phases of equipment design, build, and installation.
• Contribute as a team member in the development and on-going maintenance of PFMEA’s.
• Develop and improve workcell design taking into consideration safety, ergonomics, productivity, and cost using TPS principles.
• Internal – Regularly interact with Purchasing, Quality Engineering, Tool Engineering, Sales, and all Manufacturing functions
• External – Regularly interact with all levels of customers and prospects as well as equipment and material suppliers
• Bachelor degree in Engineering
• Work exposure in a manufacturing environment
• Project management experience
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
• Working knowledge of stamping and related assembly processes
• Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, remain open minded to recommendations, consider and support opinions from all levels of the organization
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org