The Manufacturing Engineer will play a key role in the successful introduction of new manufacturing processes as well as ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing manufacturing processes. This is a highly hands-on position and demands collaboration with multiple disciplines; strong emphasis will be placed upon supporting continuous improvement in day-to-day production operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Project Launch
• Support the new process quotation and new product launch processes.
• Serve as a Manufacturing Engineering representative on feasibility reviews.
• Research new manufacturing methods.
• Work with equipment manufacturers through all phases of equipment design, build, and installation.
• Contribute as a team member in the development and on-going maintenance of PFMEA’s.
• Develop and improve work-cell design taking into consideration safety, ergonomic, productivity, and cost issues using TPS principles.
Continuous Improvement/Production Support
• Coordinate/participate in projects relating to process improvements, safety improvements, quality improvements, or other engineering related activities (may include facilities engineering, press controls, etc).
• Research and recommend process improvements submitted by Production Associates/Team Members.
• Troubleshoot, recommend and implement permanent solutions to production issues using proper root cause analysis.
• Provide on-the-floor production assistance to ensure operations run efficiently.
It is Res Manufacturing’s goal to be “Best-In-Class” in everything that we do. The Manufacturing Engineer must strive to make Res’ manufacturing processes the safest, highest quality, and most efficient in the industry. This requires the ability to quickly learn new processes and the ability to develop them for Res’ use.
• Internal – Regularly interact with Purchasing, Quality Engineering, Tool Engineering, Sales, and all Manufacturing functions
• External – Regularly interact with all levels of customers and prospects as well as equipment and material suppliers
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Mechanical
• Work exposure in a manufacturing environment
• Project management experience
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
• Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, remain open minded to recommendations, consider and support opinions from all levels of the organization
• Proficient experience with CAD and 3-D modeling software
• Stamping knowledge, desired
• Automotive industry, desired
• MIG welding, resistance welding and orbital riveting knowledge, desired
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com