Manufacturing Technician – is responsible for safely and efficiently operating equipment and inspecting parts while meeting all customer and quality requirements. Individuals in this role are expected to consistently suggest ways to improve processes and safety, ensure standardized work and work instructions are followed, and eliminate waste.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate all equipment (presses, assembly machines, automated robotic welders, automated and manual resistance welders, riveters, etc) in a safe and efficient manner without bypassing safety
• Maintain housekeeping standards
• Observe safety rules and use good judgement at all times
• Produce quality parts in a safe manner
• Inspect parts visually for potential non-conformances
Training and Personal Development
• Participate in all training opportunities with a curious mind and a desire to learn
Process stability, problem solving and continuous improvement
• Identify current and potential abnormalities/problems with machine, material or methods and assist with problem resolution as appropriate
• Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
• Escalate abnormalities/problems in a timely manner to the Team Lead
• Perform job duties following established standardized work and/or job breakdown methods
• Maximize uptime in assigned work areas
• Strong reading, writing, math, spatial and mechanical reasoning skills
• Detail oriented, organized, ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to excel in a self-directed work setting; Ability to react to changing customer demands
• Quality conscious
• High sense of urgency with focus on maximizing safety, uptime & quality
• Works well with the team; supports other team members to maximize effective machine utilization
• Consistently exhibits good housekeeping habits
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
Required Behavioral Competencies – Companywide:
• Adaptability – open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
• Communication – demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups; Excellent listening skills.
• Energy – have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
• Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted.
• Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
• Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
• Self-Discernment – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses.
• Team Player – respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas.
• Visual Communication – appreciates the value of drawing a “story” to convey a message to others as opposed to using formal documents and verbal explanations.
Work Hours: Day Shift: Monday through Thursday – 6:00 am to 4:00 pm; Second Shift: Monday through Thursday – 4:00 pm to 2:00 am; Overtime available.