This position will serve as the internal customer service contact and qualify prospective accounts in support of Res’ strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret, analyze, and follow-up with customer inquiries including: deliveries, concerns, requests for literature, etc.
- Review, acknowledge, enter customers’ orders, advise customer on order changes, order status, price, etc.
- Support Market Segment Managers with inside sales support including all related customer service activities
- Compile pricing quotations and proposals on existing parts and new business using established procedures and standards
- Perform activities in support of new business development such as trade show support, identification of and phone prequalification of prospects
- Participate in trade shows
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
It is Res Manufacturing’s goal to be “Best-In-Class” in everything that we do. The Inside Sales Associates will be challenged with providing world class customer service to resposnsibly exceed customer expectations and support profitable growth.
- Internal – Regularly interact with Tool Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing & Planning Control, Purchasing, and Manufacturing
- External – Regularly interact with all levels of customers and prospects
- Minimum two year degree in a technical or business field (4 year degree preferred)
- Two years experience in a related field that provided exposure to customer service, field sales, prospecting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly ethical in their interactions
- Ability to persevere when faced with obstacles
- Ablity to build and cultivate superior relationships with internal and external contacts
- Detail oriented, organized and self-assured
- Previous sales experience in support of engineered products
Required Behavioral Competencies – Companywide:
- Adaptability – open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions
- Communication – demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrates excellent listening, verbal and presentation skills
- Energy – has the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce
- Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted
- Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning; Flexible to change, and learns from failure; Seeks to improve processes and products
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment
- Self-Discernment – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses
- Team Player – respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas
- Visual Communication – appreciates the value of drawing a “story” to convey a message to others as opposed to using formal documents and verbal explanations
Behavioral Competencies – Position Specific:
- Composure – maintains emotional control, even under ambiguous or stressful circumstances, while continuing to perform steadily and effectively
- Conflict Management – support and manage differences of opinion; Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues
- Creativity – generate original ideas, encourage new ways of thinking, explore options, and develop innovative solutions
- Customer Orientation – stays close to customers and prospects, anticipating and meeting customer needs; Demonstrates excellent listening and discernment, verbal and presentation skills
- Diplomacy – skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility; Forge coalitions
- Growth Orientation – continually looks for business growth opportunities; Takes action to improve things, always striving for bigger and better; Constantly thinks in terms of expanding the business, always looking for new ways to achieve competitive advantage; Considers business growth an imperative.
- Influence & Positive Impact – skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels; Passionate, personable, and self-confident; Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires; Able to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty Establish and maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions
- Organization & Planning – manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Potential – capable of assuming more responsible roles within the organization
- Presentation Skills – written and verbal
- Relationship Building – establish and maintain networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions
- Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals; Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency
Culture: Possess Res Values & Beliefs
Travel: Limited overnight travel can be expected. This individual needs to be flexible with extending hours and days of work as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers
Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external associates at all business levels; Excellent listening skills
Computer Skills: In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Safety and Housekeeping: Belief in Res safety and housekeeping standards and procedures
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org